APABA-DC MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
Join APABA-DC today and receive the full benefits of membership!
Support the community.
APABA-DC works to cultivate an understanding of the issues facing the Asian Pacific American (APA) legal community and the APA community at large. We do this through pro-bono clinics, training and development, and programs focused on raising issues in the APA community. We strive to make the majority of our programs free and open to the public. As a member, your dues support our mission.
APABA-DC hosts a wide variety of panels, workshops, and other events to promote the professional development of our members, no matter their practice or stage of their career. Our events and programs feature leaders and rising stars in the legal industry, including judges, government officials, firm leaders, in-house counsel, experienced practitioners, and experts. Each of these programs serves as an opportunity to learn from and connect with APA leaders. Members are also called upon to serve as panelists, speakers, and presenters for our programs, enabling them to expand their reach and share their expertise with the community.
Become a leader.
Members are leaders in our community and encouraged to serve in leadership positions. Members also have a voice in the leadership and direction of APABA-DC by serving in and voting for board members who lead our organization.
Stay in the know.
All members receive the APABA-DC weekly newsletter which includes upcoming events and job announcements in the greater Washington, DC area.
Priority access and discounts.
As an APABA-DC member, you will gain priority access to premier APABA-DC premier events and access to member-only events. For events that charge an admission fee, APABA-DC members are entitled to discounted admission.
APABA-DC’s premier or member-only events from past years include:
● Admission to and swearing-in ceremony for the U.S. Supreme Court Bar
● Women’s Forum dinners with accomplished women APA leaders, including high-level White House and other government officials, the DC Bar President, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Chair, and more
● Government Affairs Forum dim sum with a U.S. District Court Judge
● Small group outing to the National Museum of African American History and Culture
● Small group outing to a DC Improv Comedy Club show featuring Kiran Deol
● Women’s Forum Wine & Paint Night
Expand your network.
In addition to all of the above, your membership dues to APABA-DC also include:
● Complimentary membership in the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA).
● Inclusion in and access to the APABA-DC member directory for networking, referrals, and mentorship.